Home Learning and Apps
Welcome to our home learning and apps information page.
We understand that this is a challenging time for all families. We do not want to add any further stress or anxiety to what is already a difficult time. We want to ensure that first and foremost our children feel reassured and safe in their homes.
The home learning for the summer term are weekly projects based around a fun and exciting themes such as family, food, animals to name a few. The weekly themes are the same for all year groups, so families with different aged children can all work together, but contain age appropriate projects and activities. You can find these Weekly Themed Projects in the table below.
Please note even though the projects are accessible from here, you should still go to your child’s myHomework each week. You should complete the Weekly Check In and any activities that your teacher has set you. Your teachers will monitor your work and use this to check that you are all okay – they look forward to hearing from you and seeing what you have done.
Weekly Themed Projects
The Area You
Under the Sea
Around the World
Video Support for the Learning Project – Under the Sea: View Here
Home Learning Expectations
· Complete a project maths task- weekly.
· Complete a project reading task- weekly.
· Complete a project writing task- weekly.
· Complete a project spelling task- weekly.
· Times Tables Rock Stars(for Year 2 to Year 6) and number star practise- weekly.
· Read and record in contact book- daily.
· Complete a project maths task- daily.
· Complete a project reading task- daily.
· Complete a project writing task- daily.
· Complete a project spelling task- daily.
· Times Tables Rock Stars and number star practise- daily.
|· Devise or find your own additional learning projects to be completed throughout the week linked to our weekly them.|
Each week, please log onto the myHomework site using the link below for your child to show they have completed the weekly themes' maths, writing, spelling and reading home learning projects.
How to Use myHomework
- Click on myHomework.
- To login children will need their username.306 and password (please find these in the front of their contact books). This is where the work will be posted; not all work has to be completed using a computer. An exercise book has been sent home in which children can record any homework.
- Click on myHomework.
- Click on List View in the left-hand column.
- Ensure the Date is set correctly in the calendar in the left-hand column.
- Ensure Status and Subject show All– this will ensure that they can see all homework set.
Quick Links for Home Learning
Teachers may direct you to these online sites in the homework:
BBC Bitesize Year 1 to Year 2 (Key stage 1)
BBC Bitesize Year 3 to Year 6 (Key stage 2)
Daily phonics lesson from Monday 27th April are available by clicking on Letters and Sounds for home and school.Please choose the lesson appropriate for your child.
|10 am*||Reception Summer term||For children who can confidently blend and read words such as ‘fish’ ‘chat’ and ‘rain’ (YouTube)|
|10:30 am*||Reception Summer term||For children who can confidently blend and read words such as ‘fish’ ‘chat’ and ‘rain’ (YouTube)|
|11 am*||Year 1 Summer term||For children who can confidently blend and read word (YouTube)|
|*After upload, each lesson will then be available to watch at any time during the summer term.|
Purple Mash (check the 2Dos tab for activities that have been set)
Other Forms of Home Learning
- Curriculum letters- These are full of ideas to support home learning:
Reception (Holly and Willow classes)
Year 1 (Birch and Rowan classes)
Year 2 (Chestnut and Hazel classes)
Year 3 (Elm and Poplar classes)
Year 4 (Beech and Maple classes)
Year 5 (Larch and and Hawthorn)
Year 6 (Alder and Oak classes)
- CGP homework books – Reading Comprehension/Maths/ Phonics – teachers will set pages for each week - this will be communicated via myHomework – accessible through the myUSO link in apps on the website or here
- Spellings – weekly – this will be available via the myHomework – accessible through the myUSO link in apps on the website or here.
- SATs Revision- Year 2 and 6 classes will receive today Easter Packs for SATs revision.
Please keep safe and look after one another.
Apps and Websites
Note: Always ask an adult for help with these.
Free eBook library from Oxford Owl
Tablets and Web browser: https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/reading-owl/find-a-book/library-page
London Borough of Croydon Library: 100s of eBooks and audioBooks to download and read or listen to.
Note: Needs a Croydon library card number. Contact the library for help with this.
Top tip: Look out for the children's section
Web page: https://library.bolindadigital.com/croydon
Download the BorrowBox app from the bottom of this page: www.borrowbox.com
Search for "BorrowBox" on Google Play Store or the AppStore.